Monday, October 24, 2022

Monday Eye-Opener: Pinholes

Image by Pexels via Pixabay

Sometimes the most ordinary situations allow us to show the love of Christ to our friends, families and neighbors. Inner promptings let us know how we can serve others. We set aside our personal agendas to buy lunch for a homeless person, visit a friend in the hospital or even bring in the neighbor’s trash barrels.  

Yesterday in church, our pastor quoted Oswald Chambers:

 

“If I obey Jesus Christ in the seemingly random circumstances of life, they become pinholes through which I see the face of God.” — Oswald Chambers.


When I worked at a faith-based shelter for women and children, our

director described our job as being “the hands and feet of Jesus.” Every meal we served, every intake we completed, every laugh we shared may have been someone’s first glimpse of God’s love. Maybe our random acts of kindness are part of our own search for God.

 

“And you will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:13

 

I’m reminded that I don’t have to wait for dramatic events in order to be the hands and feet of Jesus. What really matters is that I give my whole heart to God in my everyday life. 

 

This week, as we rush through the usual work deadlines, appointments and errands, let’s pause long enough to recognize those “pinholes through which I see the face of God.” 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment