Monday, March 4, 2019

Monday Eye-Opener: That He May Lift You




Today we look forward not only to the new week, but also the beginning of the Lenten season. Lent is my favorite time in the liturgical year — a time to walk closely with the Lord through the wilderness and toward the cross and resurrection. 

My husband John said it well, when he wrote:  

“My heart tells me as the Lenten Season is upon us all I really want are these 40 days in relationship with God. Please say a small prayer for me I do not travel from this path.”  

That’s really what the whole story is about, isn’t it? There is some risk as we surrender our old selves and reach for a new life in Christ. Where will this path through the wilderness take us? We are not accustomed to humbling ourselves these days.

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.” 1 Peter 5:6 (NIV). 

God loves a humble heart. Yes, God can lift us up with His mighty hand, if we let go of our agendas and pride and wait on His unerring timing. 

As my husband added, 

“Please pray I do spend the 40 days of Lent and thereafter with Jesus. I feel this is my imperative to creating a rich and beautiful life. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!”

A good prayer to open our eyes this Monday morning, don’t you think?



3 comments:

  1. This story of the Lenten season is very touching and very beautiful. Thank you for including me in your story. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words inspired me. Thank you for letting me quote you! We are so blessed this season and always.

      Delete
  2. Yes we are, dear Judith. Praise our awesome God.

    ReplyDelete